AST6167 Nut Splitter is used for removing nuts that are seized.
- For splitting hex nuts 10-17mm across flats, typically M6-M10 thread size
- Last chance solution used to split the nut open to release the corroded threads
- Destroys the nut during the removal process leaving the male thread of the mating part intact
- Removing a nut using a splitter is more controlled than using a disc cutter / angle grinder
- Likelihood of damage to the mating part is minimised
- Features a forged steel body with ring frame design and a high quality steel blade